Minim’s Multi SSID Management feature set delivers ultra SSID configurability for better subscriber security and seamless support. These features include:
Multiple Network (SSID) Management
In the Minim® Mobile app, subscribers can organize their Minim-powered WiFi system into Home and Work networks. This same functionality is also made available to Care Reps in the Minim® Care Portal.
Note: the number of SSIDs you can create will depend on the WiFi system (router). Please reference this list to see how many SSIDs your WiFi system supports.
In the Minim app and Care Portal, subscribers and Care Reps can create a segmented network that isolates untrusted devices. This disables device-to-device actions like AirPlay. This feature can be used to configure guest networks on a LAN.
Not enabled by default for ISPs; must be enabled by request: As part of our business product, Minim for Remote Workers, Mobile app users can set an SSID to Private, effectively hiding information about the network and its connected devices in the Care Portal. This "Work-Life WiFi" feature is useful for businesses that support their remote employees with Minim, allowing them to co-manage the designated Work network while protecting the Home network’s privacy.
Note: This will cause the network to disappear in the Care Portal. If a subscriber calls about an issue regarding a Private SSID, they will need to turn off the private network function for troubleshooting.
(MikroTik routers only) In the Care Portal, Care Reps and Technicians can set "turn off broadcasting" to dedicate an SSID to configuration and maintenance, preventing unwanted devices from connecting to the network.
In the Care Portal, Care Reps and Technicians can set a network as Hidden to subscribers in the Minim app to reserve the network for configuration and maintenance. The SSID will still be broadcasted, but managing it can only occur while using the Care Portal.
Read only SSID
In the Care Portal, Care Reps and Technicians can set an SSID to Read Only, making it broadcasted and visible, but not configurable, by subscribers in the Minim app. This feature is especially useful to providers who deliver vital connected services, e.g. security systems.
1. Navigate to the customer's account in the Minim Care Portal.
2. Click on the Router Settings tab.
3. Scroll down to WiFi Networks heading and click on the + Add network button. This will automatically create a new network with the SSID name "New network" and randomly generated password filled in.
4. Click in the Network name (SSID) field and enter the new SSID. Next, click in the Password field and enter the new password.
If you would like to view the password that has been entered, click on the eye icon to reveal the password.
5. On the right-hand side of the Network name (SSID) textbox there is a Broadcast button, which will automatically be turned on. Click on it to turn off SSID broadcasting. (Available on Mikrotik routers only.)
6. Under the Network label heading, choose whether you want to label the network as Home or Work. Please note, the Home and Work labels are fundamentally the same functionality.
7. On the right-hand side of the New Network card, there will be toggles beneath two headers: Radios and Features.
8. Both of the two Radios toggles will automatically be turned on. If you want to turn either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band off, tab the toggle beside it to do so.
(Available on Mikrotik routers only.)
9. Beneath the Features heading, toggle the switches to the apply the preferred features - Hidden, Read only, or Isolated.
10. Finally, click the Apply button to finish adding the SSID.
Tip: Easily share the SSID and password via text or push notifications to a mobile phone / app by clicking the alarm bell button for push and the chat bubble for text.
Please note, the ability to push notifications will be available if there are mobile users. To learn more about inviting mobile users, click here.
If you have any questions about Multi SSID Management features, please reach out to our Customer Success team by using the chat or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.