The Timeline tab keeps a record of the events that occur on a network. These events can include the SSID and password being updated, a the results of a speed test that was previously ran, or when a device joins the network. The information stored in this tab will remain until the service is deactivated by the service provider.
Here is a video showing a quick walkthrough of the Timeline.
There are 3 types of events that will be logged on the timeline. You can filter by event type by tapping on the three lines in the right-hand corner and then tapping on the corresponding label. Each event is timestamped so you can determine when they took place.
- LAN offline - record of the router losing connection to the internet
- LAN online - record of the router reconnecting to the internet
- New device connected - record of a new device joining the network
- Device forgotten from the network - record of a device being removed from the network by a mobile user
- Device paused / unpaused - record of an individual device's connection to the internet being interrupted for a period of time and a second record of when the device's connection is allowed again
- Profile paused / unpaused - record of a specific profile's connection to the internet being interrupted for a period of time and a second record of when the profile's connection is allowed again
- LAN paused / unpaused - record of all devices on the network having their connection to the internet interrupted for a period of time and a second record of when their connection is allowed again
- SSID change - record of the SSID changing on the 2.4GHz or 5GHz signal from one entry to another
- Password change - record of the password changing on the 2.4GHz or 5GHz signal from one entry to another
- Config change (no additional information) - record of when the service provider or the Minim system making a change to the router to improve the network experience
- Speed tests ran using Minim App - record of each speed test ran using the Minim App by a mobile user
- Speed tests ran by service provider - record of each speed test ran using the service provider's Care Portal
To learn more about speed test, please click here.
- Reboot - record of each time the router is rebooted by a user onsite or by the service provider using the Care Portal
Please note, this event is different from the LAN going offline. This entails unplugging the power from the router instead of the internet connection.
- Security incidents - record of each security incident that has been detected as well as resolved.
To learn more about security incidents, please click here.
If you have any questions about the events recorded on your timeline, our Customer Success team is happy to help. You can reach us by using the chat or sending an email to email@example.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.