A video walkthrough of the Settings Tab can be found here.
What is Two Factor Authentication?
Minim supports Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for Care Portal login. 2FA is an extra layer of security— beyond the password— to gain access to an application.
Minim recommends 2FA to all customers. When this setting is turned on for an account, the user is prompted to enter their password as well as one-time code. The one-time code is generated by a 2FA app such as Google Authenticator or Authy.
How to require Two Factor Authentication
To require your Care Portal users to authenticate using 2FA:
1. Login to the Minim Care Portal
2. Navigate to the Settings tab
3. In the Settings tab, you will see Two Factor Authentication section. Set Require two factor authentication? to Yes.
After you have clicked to confirm this setting, users will be presented with a Two Factor Authentication upon next login.
How to login with Two Factor Authentication
Minim uses an open standard TOTP: Time-Based One-Time Password Algorithm for Two Factor Authentication, which means you can select from many authentication apps to generate your one-time password. Here are some options:
* Google Authenticator for iOS or Android
* Microsoft Authenticator
Once you have setup your authentication app, you can login to the Care Portal:
- Visit my.minim.co
- Enter your username and password
- Check your authenticator app for a code (quick, it expires)
- Enter the paired code from your app